The Policy and Resources Committee is responsible for -
• Development of policies within its remint and approval of policies from service committees, seeking approval from the Council to those policies in the Policy Framework;
• Development of the County Council Plan and Medium Term Financial Plan, fulfilling a coordinating role across the service committees;
• Providing a “whole council” view of performance, budget monitoring and risk;
• Taking decisions which incur significant expenditure or make significant savings and decisions which have an impact on a significant proportion of Norfolk’s residents
• Developing and monitoring the specific enabling corporate services including finance and risk management, human resources and organisational development, legal and governance, communication and public affairs and business continuity
• Development of the Council’s health and equalities strategies and a coordinating role across all the committees in relation to health and inequalities.
The Full Council delegates the following decision making responsibilities to the Policy and Resources Committee: 1. All decisions in relation to the above functions within the control of the Council, other than decisions reserved to Full Council. 2. Development of policy in relation to the above functions. 3. Review of performance and budget in relation to the above functions. 4. Review and monitoring of corporate performance and budget. 5. Development of the County Council plan and the Medium Term Financial Plan. 6. Appointments to external and internal bodies.